Wonderful Busyness


Making time to blog isn't always easy, but amidst the busyness of life I want to pause and record, to remember how wonderful all of this busyness can be.

I have moments (often in fact) where all I want is to be left alone, in silence, with a cup of tea and a book... and my bed. But at the same time, I actually love being busy. I find something satisfying in the school drop offs and bus stop pick ups, the afternoons of homework and cooking dinner, trips to the library and the swimming pool, the karate lessons and the soccer training.

I also want to remember this stage in my life that perhaps I longed for a few years ago. Back when the children were all so little I felt like I was unsure of who I was, as in that typical 'stay-at-home-mum' crisis that so many of us seem to go through (Who am I? Where have I disappeared to under all of these nappies and mess?) Now here I am, feeling more me than ever before. Juggling and guessing and stumbling and achieving, but feeling like me whilst doing it.

I'm in my thirties and I am back working two days per week, two kids in school, one at home, a dog, a mortgage, about to start part two of renovations and I also have these wonderful hobbies on the side that keep me challenged, inspired and sane.
Family photography, wedding videography, book club, children's book writing and blogging are all things I love and all things that make up who I am. Spending time with my girl at home or at the park, catching up with friends when we can are also a big part of what I do and how I love to spend my time.

Our days are mostly full of 'normalcy' and the mundane, but they are full - and I am grateful for all the fullness. 

Popular Posts